15 Criteria for Evaluating Your Brand Positioning Strategy
Nov 21, 2021
Hey! So if you've followed me for any length of time you know how passionate I am about branding and brand positioning when it comes to your marketing strategy.
Why is brand positioning so important? Because it helps you to differentiate your product or service from another. It is about communicating to the world what you bring to the table, and importantly – what is different about you and why someone should choose you over someone else.
An intelligent and well-crafted positioning statement is a craaazzyyy powerful tool to bring focus and clarity to your marketing strategies, advertising campaigns, and any other promotional tactics. It is going to help you make effective decisions to help differentiate your brand, attract your target customers, and win market share from your competition.
So you're going to want to grab a quick notepad and a fun pen because I made a quick checklist for you to check your brand positioning:
- Does it differentiate your brand?
- Does it match customer perceptions of your brand?
- Does it enable growth?
- Does it identify your brand’s unique value to your customers?
- Does it produce a clear picture in your mind that’s different from your competitors?
- Is it focused on your core customers?
- Is it memorable and motivating?
- Is it consistent in all areas of your business?
- Is it easy to understand?
- Is it difficult to copy?
- Is it positioned for long-term success?
- Is your brand promise believable and credible?
- Can your brand own it?
- Will it withstand counterattacks from your competitors?
- Will it help you make more effective marketing and branding decisions?
The clearer you are on what makes you different and why people should work with you...the more you can stand in that and stand in it with confidence.
Then showing up on social media and always knowing your positioning and being super clear on your message is going to make it SO much easier. You won't feel like "sh*t I don't know what to post today!" - instead you'll be able to tap deeper and say "I know what my ideal client needs to hear today". And you'll be able to create content that moves them through the buyers journey.
Got questions about your brand positioning? I'd love to hear it, comment below so I can get back to you!